Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Update...

We are now in our new house in Knoxville. JH is loving all of the room to run around...I will post pictures soon.
On the adoption front we are 1 of 8 families waiting on a referral right now for children under 7 yo.
The amazing thing is that when we commited to 0-18 months, there didn't seem to be much need for adopting children in that range-mostly just the older children. Now though, with the drought, there have been quite a few babies coming into the orphanages our children will come from. This is heartbreaking, but so encouraging to see that God placed it on our hearts to pursue this at a time when it didn't even seem necessary. Courts are closed to us now so we could get our referral anytime bt today and mid september without it making any difference when we get to pick up our child(ren) Here is a possible time line:

Now- mid September...referral (this is when they tell us who we will adopt)

If our referral happens and we go for it

Mid October-November ....court date (this is when they officially become Scotts)

Within 4 weeks after court date....we get to travel to Ethiopia to bring them home

Trusting in God's perfect timing in all of this. The orphanages are working so hard to provide aid and process all of the children coming into care.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Can't wait to see pics of your house!

Katie said...

Amanda, I miss you and JH so much. Your blog is amazing ! I am excited for the family that God is orchestrating for you. Hope to see you soon.
Love, Katie

Jessie said...

Hey Amanda! It was so good to see you and JH today! I hope you don't mind but I had to snap some pictures of him and Lily Anna, they were so cute together :-D

Here are the links to the pictures:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/Ginger4298/John%20Harvey/IMG_4046.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/Ginger4298/John%20Harvey/IMG_4047.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/Ginger4298/John%20Harvey/IMG_4048.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/Ginger4298/John%20Harvey/IMG_4049.jpg

I hope those work!

Jessie

Amanda said...

Jessie- I just saw the pics-they are so cute. Thank you so much!