Thursday, March 12, 2009

Claire's shower

I want to share some of the pics from Claire's baby shower 3 weeks ago. I am so behind! we had a sweet time and everyone truly celebrated henry. Claire's nursery is a Navy/white theme so I went a bit nautical with the shower. We played price is right...a really fun baby shower game! For the food, I served all old favorites-
fruit tarts, vidalia tarts, chicken spinach cups, lemon cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and a crudite tray. The tarts are nice to make ahead and heat up in minutes. Thankfully, Molly helped with the cake. I was so nervous to make a 3D whale, but my cake pans from Granmda did the trick and Molly did a fabulous job with the face. It was actually quite simple, but the icing turned everyone's mouth blue! napkin rings were just like miniature ribbon belts. I ended up sewing these by hand, but I loved the guilt free tv time while I worked on them. I used cardboard letter cutouts as the template for the name banner and then decided to put those out as well. The shower was so much fun to prepare and I am truly so thankful for baby H and such a fun day.

2 comments:

Joy said...

First I LOVE the whale cake!!! Might have to get the how to's on that from you since I do love whales! ;) The napkin rings turned out incredible! Still cannot believe that you hand stitched them...WOW! Also, had to Google crudite tray; you and your fancy words and cooking! ;)

Nana said...

It was a fun day. You are a great hostess not to mention cook!!