We received another update...which doesn't tell us much.
What we know:
1. We should have all of the right paperwork to pass court
2. Open cases are ALL heard on Wednesdays.
3. Our agency alone has 30 open cases (some open since Feb)
4. There are many, many agencies in Ethiopia
5. Some of the open cases are being reassigned court dates in July
6. Once we do pass we will be able to travel in 6 weeks
All of this sounds so daunting. I am tempted to look at this situation and see a lot of human error and an overwhelmed system. The truth is Ethiopia just has sooo many adoptions going on right now and I guess that does make me sad. Last night I was so angry with the knowledge it could take weeks for someone to look favorably on us and hear our case. And the truth is nobody can tell us exactly what is going on. Today I am just sad when I realize the "backlog" is actually hundreds of children unable to be raised by their first families in their first country. I have such great assurance that God will redeem our children's losses. Trusting that this wait will be worthwhile and for His glory comes with more difficulty
No comments:
Post a Comment