All of you know that Ben and I are a safe family. We have a strong desire to keep families together and try to be a support system to those who have none...
so "T" came about two weeks ago. These have been two very tough weeks making me question how much I love this journey. Praise God for His provision and the encouragement Ben and I have recently had with this family. We are constantly praying Rom 12:1-2 that we will be living sacrifices for the Kingdom.
Anyway, to be honest-these experiences with "T" have really made me and Ben wonder about a lot of our decisions lately. Mostly the adoption. But, just this weekend it has clicked. It may not be all that easy in the beginning, but once you care for a child they are yours. Yes, "T" has a great mom and dad and I pray and want that they will come together for her soon. But, today, with my prayers and my love I chose to make her mine. And I love her in all of her messiness and sometimes she is hard to love, but by God's grace-I make the choice.
How much more then, when Ben and I chose to make two children we have never before met, ours. We will love them. I am sure it will be hard. But this experience has not made us want to quit, it has made us want to adopt all the more. God is equipping us through each struggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment