On Friday we spent the morning shopping for Papa's birthday present. In between singing happy birthday in the car I asked John Harvey what we should get for Papa. He deliberated quite a while before saying...."BINKY!"
How sweet of him to want to give something that he knows is fabulous! Of course, he is only able to enjoy their fabulous-ness in the crib now.
On the adoption front-no news. But, our homestudy should be done soon and then we should have a completed dossier! It looks like "T" will be staying with us a bit longer. I have prayed quite a bit this year that my life would be a living sacrifice. I think this is a taste of what that would mean for us. I mean, at times this is so trying...but in the midst of all we are doing the Gospel is being preached constantly (...God's good perfect and pleasing will).
Our faith has been coming up in conversation with our neighbor for months. When I ran into him in the grocery store (with a screaming "T") he was full of questions. When I explained the program he said "wow, you guys really are different"
When our Pastor spoke about the current lies out there (The Secret, a new earth) I knew no one who believed that way. Just Thursday I had a 2 hour conversation about the truth v. the lies with a very important, completely lost, person in "T"s life -not her parents.
Speaking of "T"'s parents-her dad is now a believer. He is a precious man with an amazing story. T will have a sweet upbringing.
Who are we that God has allowed us to experience such sweetness the last few weeks. The truth is...we want to keep T longer. We don't want to miss out on all the ways God is using her in so many people's lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment