Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today is the day we heard something...

Wanted to give you all my latest update. (To our moms: John Harvey is taking the longest nap known to man, so I will call I promise!!)

We found out today we did not pass through court favorably. We have what is considered an open case. This could be preferrable to a re-scheduled date in that as soon as the issue is resolved we should hear that they are ours. So that could happen tomorrow, but it could take a really long time. We don't know what happened- maybe we were missing one paper or one signature, maybe they ran out of time for us, maybe we are sitting on a desk somewhere for no reason. At this point the most precious thing we can do is pray for peace and for God to move mountains of paperwork for us...literally. Some of these open cases really get pushed to the back burner because the ministry of women's affairs are soooo overwhelmed right now.
You know these children have already been planted in our hearts and they feel like ours in the truest sense of the word. But, I long to know their laugh, their smell, their favorite book. I want them to experience a mother's love again. I really want them home. God's grace and faithfulness through this entire journey is getting me through today. He has already made our crooked path so straight and I trust He will continue to do so.
I will try to update each day, thank you for your continued prayers!

2 comments:

Lori Inman said...

So sorry for your delay. Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Joy said...

Praying for your heart! Praying for the children (including JH).