If you check out our agency's home page, fieldsofpromise.org, you will see lots of changes. They seem to be moving in the direction of just becoming a placement partner and we will do our adoption through another agency, yet to be determined :)
You should have heard me and Ben trying to tell our story at our adoption training on Saturday. All of you are used to hearing it and take it as normal, but in the adoption world-it is crazy.
1. You rarely, ever, ever, ever hear of anyone completing an adoption in less than a year. We started in Feb and hope to have our family together by July or October. Never crossed our minds that God can't make it happen.
2. We are adopting a "waiting child"...none of the people we talked to even considered this.
3. We trust our agency completely. The couple we sat near spent hundreds of dollars doing background checks. You can't fake a faith like our agency directors. She is in this to bring glory to God.
4. We were by far the MOST laid back there. Ben and I totally had a fire lit under us, but we know ultimately our desire is to bring GOD glory, not to control the process
Anyway, I am just again amazed by this blessed life we lead knowing our Creator intimately. I am on PINS and NEEDLES though waiting for our referral!!! I can't wait to hear who we are adopting. I am like John Harvey today at lunch- Would you like a vanilla wafer? (me) Yea, yea (JH) here you go, have one (me). two (jh holds up two fingers) Why don't you start with one (me) three! (jh)
So ultimately God is the only one who knows the right fit for our family, taking our abilities and the future that is to come for us. two? (me)
No comments:
Post a Comment