Monday, October 6, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane... (shout out to Ashley-remember the days?)


I am the worst blogger ever. Here is what I have been up to:

heading to Ethiopia on SATURDAY!!! We will spend the first week in Mekale (north). This will be another flight after we get into Addis. The second week will be spent half with Elia in Nazaret (just south of Addis) and the other half in Addis being a "tourist".
While there God willing we will: set up HIV care homes, set up a medical clinic, put on a carnival for the kids, and love on people and listen to their stories.
Everyone says I will have the hardest time leaving Elia. I have been reflecting on God bringing her into our life. Last year was a time of struggle and trial and clinging to God without knowing which way our life was headed at all. That being said...These past two months have been a time of harvesting and seeing the seeds God has planted in us beginning to bloom. I am overwhelmed by God's Sovereignty and Goodness. I long to have my baby in my arms here at home, but only in God's perfect timing. This is not at all about "our story"-This is where we fit in to glorify God in the best way possible. I take it as a huge gift that I will be able to hold Elia at two months. And I trust God to use her to glorify Him (as is my #1 prayer for both children) in Africa. I am so eager to see her birth country and meet her caretakers. I am also so thankful God is in control. We all know if I had my way we would have brought home the first child that entered our path (so many children ago!) God has protected us and blessed us greatly and we continue to trust Him...

2 comments:

MLS said...

Amanda, I am so enjoying and living through your season of life. What an amazing gift Elia (and John Henry) are. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!

Congratulations and safe travels!
Lauren Sheehan

The Gaymons said...

Thanks for the shout out, Amanda. Couldn't help but laugh out loud reading that title! Yes, I remember those days...you were longing to see Ben and hold him. Now, you are longing to hold that sweet baby girl of yours.

I have thought several times about giving you a call, but I know that you don't have the time it would take us to talk. I am praying for you, Amanda, and for Elia. Let me know what to pray for specifically. When you get back, I will most definitely be giving you a call. So, we will have to decide when is the best time to spend a few hours on the phone. =) Much Love to You, Ash