I am currently reading this book about the life of David.
Well...this and 3 or 4 other books. This is the first time I can remember reading more than 1 book at a time and being engrossed in all of them. (Okay, one of them is not really that engrossing-yet. I am just persevering with it)
Even though I really do want to give equal time to all of these amazing books- time and again this one just draws me in. I am fascinated by what it looks like to be a person after God's own heart.
The Jesus storybook Bible has become Harvey's go-to book. And E's bed is our favorite new reading spot! I am finding great delight in discovering these heros of the Bible in a new way. Harvey's favorite 2 stories right now are Daniel in the lions den and David and Goliath. Every time we read about Daniel Harvey says "oh no, the lions are going to eat him" and almost each time we turn the page "oh, God shut the lions mouth". David and Goliath is my current favorite though. I know Harvey looks at that story and loves the awe and action. He just can't believe there is a giant bigger than his Papa. I look at the story and love the assurance that I am not big enough to fight the Goliaths in my life, but God is.
1 comment:
We love the Jesus Storybook Bible!!! Sisters favorite is David and Goliath as well! There is just something about that story!!! I love that it is a real and true story!!! My favorite lines from that story in the book are..."It isn’t how strong you are or how many swords and spears you have that will save you-it is God who saves you! This is God’s battle. And God always wins his battles!" Love that!!!
Post a Comment