Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines day








Thank you for John Harvey's sweet valentine cards. We made a v-day box and he had fun saving them up and opening them Saturday morning! Ben made us a yummy Mediterranean meal: lentil soup, falafel, Shish-tawook grilled chicken, and jerusalem salad. The jerusalem salad and chicken were perfect! We recommend less salt for the falafel and we also substituted 2 cups of canned chickpeas, but amazing recipe! We are still on the hunt for a different lentil soup recipe-feel free to share!

We each picked out a yummy bakery dessert...so wonderful! John Harvey chose some kind of death by chocolate..you are only seeing a quarter of it in the picture! Ben had a peanut butter stack and I had key lime cheesecake. A sweet, restful weekend.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I love your celebration!!! I have got to come to dinner at your house sometime! Incredible! ;)

The Gaymons said...

I am impressed with the spread! Well done. By the way, Amanda, you look so great! Miss you.

Ash

Balazers said...

Love to see the pic of you too! You look great!! We miss you guys!