Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'll say yes

I want to share where we are right now. I don't want to forget one second of what this feels like...
Here is the big news. Ben and I feel right about adopting OLDER children. We started this journey looking for a baby. A baby boy to be exact.
Amazing how God changes our hearts for HIS good. I am scared, shocked, nervous, excited, anxious, and bursting with love and excitement.

"I'll say yes, Lord, yes, to your will and to your way..." Ever heard that song? Our sunday school leaders used it to tell us of the amazing way God is leading their life and it is in my mind right now. Linda talked about Lazarus in the tomb and Mary and Martha not wanting Jesus to move the stone. No, Lord-he has been in there for days-think of the stench! If Jesus had not moved the stone, they would have missed the resurrection. I am like them too,Linda, I have so many questions and concerns. But, I don't want to miss the resurrection. I am on pins and needles to see what God is going to do in our lives. And I have every peace in the midst of the chaos of my mind to know that God will equip us for every good work.
I want to give my children shoes that fit and a bed with their name on it. I want to wrap them in my arms and shower them with love to soothe all the hurt of their short lives. I want to tell them all about how God led us to them and how He chose us to be adopted too. I want to give them a bath and let them splash water all over the place. I want to comb their hair out and lotion every spot of their skin. I want to see the world through their eyes and be convicted of all the things I take for granted...And I want these things for all the orphans in Ethiopia. I mean truly ache for these things. There are so many older children waiting for homes. These are loving, gracious, respectful children. Most of them have grown up in a family and known love only to have it ripped away. I think of my precious son and what life would be like if he woke up to find me and Ben dead. If all of his grandparents died long ago and his aunt and uncles already had too many mouths to feed. Where would he go? Who would take him in?
Pray for us, with us. We are in the home study stretch now and want God's leading in some specific areas. We pray He will give us grace in getting our paperwork in before court takes an Ethiopian new year break in late summer. Pray for our children. We are not sure who yet. We do have a pretty good idea. And, yes, we will let you know the minute we know!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

We can't wait to meet our new niece/nephew :D

Nana said...

How wonderful the day will be when you are able to wrap your arms around this child and hold him or her.