Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In view of God's mercy

We recently finished our study of Romans 12. What a beautiful time to be studying Romans, but then God knew that. I felt so blessed at my study to hear everyone who had been praying for us about the A situation. To catch everyone up-when Ben and I inquired about sponsoring a cleft palate sx the agency asked if we would consider adopting the little boy, A. After beginning in prayer and consulting many medical professionals, Ben and I both had a peace (that surpasses all understanding) about not pursuing adoption. We really clung to Rom. 12:1-2
Therefore I urge you, bretheren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of GOd is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect
Ben and I truly want to submit our lives to God as a living sacrifice and it was so important for us to make this decision not based on the thinking of our present age. I imagine the world would say- why take on a special needs child who is not "yours" and there are too many unknowns. But God says, Let me renew your mind!!! God has a perfect will and by His grace made it so clear.
So the questions- do I submit everything I do to God's authority the way I submitted this? Am I not lagging in dilligence, but TRULY fervent in spirit? Am I taking every opportunity to further the Kingdom?
Yes, once again can I tell you how much I love my journey? I can't even imagine how my life could have been different this January. But then, God knew that too, didn't He?

1 comment:

grandma said...

I read this verse this morning and thought of you and Ben.
Psalm 31:19
Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind!