Monday, February 25, 2008

The times are in God's hands, not ours

What matters is not that we do all we might have done or all we dreamed of doing, but that, while we live, we live by faith in future grace and walk in the path of love. The times are in God’s hands, not ours. John Piper


some news about me...I know God was preparing me all last year for the sadness we would feel when we lost the babies. He is so good to us because he led our small group to study John Piper's Don't waste your Life.. This book shaped the way I look at tragedy and I (pray) exploded my myth of safety
Imagine my excitement when I heard that John Piper has adopted and has a lot to say on our adoption as Sons and our adopting children.
Here is a link to his site. Actually, B is not home and I don't know how to link. Maybe you could paste it to the browser? This is a beautiful reminder of God's gift to us.-amanda


Adoption: The Heart of the Gospel
Eight Similarities Between God’s Adoption of Us and Our Adoption of Children
MICAH Fund Adoption Enrichment Seminar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By John Piper February 10, 2007

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/ConferenceMessages/ByDate/1991_Adoption_The_Heart_of_the_Gospel/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I just looked on their website & found that book online for free. I'm going to read it tonight!

http://www.desiringgod.org/media/pdf/books_dwyl/dwyl_full.pdf

amanda j said...

thanks so much for that link, amanda! what a beautiful description of adoption...