Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Who is a true orphan?

The Bible has a lot to say about ministering to orphans and widows (James 1:27). B and I hope one day (soon!) to adopt an orphan. But, unfortunately, I am left wondering- how will I know the child I adopt is truly without parents to love him (her)?
The deeper we get into the adoption world, the stronger our desire to help keep families together. We are in the process of becoming a "safe family". This means our home will be a place for a mother or father to leave their child while they deal with their own personal issues. The goal of this is to help keep children out of foster care and also to become a support system to the parents. I am thrilled to be a part of this program.
I am also thrilled because the agency we are hoping to use to adopt from Ethiopia has the same focus of trying to keep families together and also placing waiting children who are true orphans

2 comments:

Nana said...

Love your Blog.

How blessed will this child be you have yet to meet.
When your daughter or son finds his or her way into your family they will find arms ready to wrap them and love there to guide them.
This much I know. I am a Nana to four and looking forward to more <3 <3 <3 <3

Crystal said...

You guys are doing an awesome thing! God has blessed you both with such giving hearts.