I alternate between feeling excited and "pregnant" and forgetting completely that we are in the process of adding to our family. We are in a bit of a lull bc our social worker is gone for the week and we have not heard any news from our agency.
I am definitely constantly reminding myself that God has a perfect time for our family to increase...
Currently, our family is super fabulous. John Harvey is adding new words all the time and I love to see him learn and soak up his world. We had a sweet easter with B and John Harvey loved his easter basket(for the second time!). One of my favorite gifts to give John Harvey in his basket was a new (0ld) Raffe cd. One of the songs...
I wonder if I'm growing
I wonder if I'm growing
My mom says yes I'm growing
but it's hard for me to see
I start tearing up each time I hear this song. Not so much because John Harvey is growing so quickly. Just that I am so blessed to walk this journey with him. He is such a gift from God and Ben and I truly are grateful for each day with him.
I know, right?
I think about all of the children in this world who do not have a mom to tell them, yes they are growing. They don't have a mom to track their progress with journals and pictures. As parents, we are the keepers of childhood memories when we write our charts and remember milestones. I can't wait to delight in watching our ethiopian baby grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment