Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tiny bit of news, kind of

We just heard from our agency director. We are so grateful for her. She is a believer (I may have already told you that)- So we just get eachother. We both know that God ultimately has His will in this.
The news is...there may not be news for quite a while. Establishing a relationship with a new orphanage can take time and a lot of back and forth
That being said, Ben and I think we are still going to pursue this adoption as if we are bringing them home to Chicago. We don't know God's timing, but we know we want to be ready when He is.
The truth is, it makes no sense from a financial standpoint for us to do all this work in Chicago to just have to redo it in Tn when we move. But, our overriding standpoint is the kingdom of God. I am amazed by all the people already involved in our paperwork-social worker, doctors, banker, CPA, etc...and I can't talk to any of them about the adoption without sharing what God is doing in our life...and that may just be God's plan in the timing.
So redoing the paperwork if need be will be fine. At most it should take about a month in Knoxville. Since courts are closed until October (I think) we will have plenty of time to update.
My thoughts now are (I think) at least by Christmas we will have an extra stocking to hang by the tree! Will it be monogrammed in blue or pink? Will there be one or two? I can't wait to find out.

No comments: