Wednesday, June 18, 2008

empty

I just walked by the bedroom and looked in at the bassinet. My first thought was to close the door quickly before "T" woke up.
But then I remembered Ben just drove away with her and all her little baby clothes. Now, I won't pretend that I haven't been on the phone with half of you bemoaning my sleepless nights and all the screaming drilling in my ears. But when I buckled her in the car seat she was so adorable and cuddly. How I praise God for the way he has grown her (physically) in the past two months (4 lbs!)- and grown us too in this experience.
Empty cribs, empty tombs. Who knew emptiness could be such a cause for celebration! "t"'s crib is empty because she is reunited with her family. A dad is reunited with his daughter that he loves so. Christ's tomb is empty because He conquered death. We are reconciled to a Father that Loves us too.

I think I will spend the next week thanking God for the "emptiness" in my life.

No comments: