Many of you have seen this hat on the blog before. About 4 months ago-we had our first safe family. John Harvey was talking, but not repeating everything like he does now-just the basic words. We had little Edward and his sister Consuela. This hat belonged to Edward. This placement was a struggle for me bc I thought it was hard on JH. The children needed a lot of love. When they returned to their mom, the hat was left behind. Unfortunately, due to the nature of their lives, B and I had no way to return it. Fast forward to now. John Harvey LOVES the hat. If he gets his hands on it, he will not take it off. He has been known to wear it to Church, for naps, and in 90 degree weather! So the other day, I said why do you like the hat so much? I expected to hear all about the spiderman emblem. This is what he said..."hat, Edward's hat, Edward's hat". I had never before heard him say this name and truly life has been so busy and we haven't talked or prayed about that family in months.
People ask, do you think this is hard on John Harvey to have children come and go? He gets it, he does. He loves on these children and he remembers them. And I hope he learns that people come into our lives and we love them while we can. Sometimes we are blessed to have tangible things to remember them by. Above all, we are blessed to see God doing His mighty work.
1 comment:
Can't wait until he starts asking for A, J, & M. <3
Post a Comment