Sunday, January 4, 2009

Be strong, take heart, and wait patiently on the Lord

I have hesitated in writing this blog. Something about the written word makes a situation all the more real. We had confirmation yesterday that the court system in Ethiopia is indeed experiencing UNHEARD of delays.
As it stands now, families who are applying for a court date are waiting about 2-6 weeks for the date to even be assigned. Once assigned the dates are then about 6-10 weeks out. On top of this a majority of cases are not going through the first time and are then re-assigned 3-4 weeks out. This puts us at *hoping* to bring the kids home in April/May.
This is not unique to us or our agency. This is happening across the board. I am not quite sure I understand why there are delays, but I imagine as more and more families adopt from Ethiopia it is difficult for the country to keep up. Please pray with me for ethical agencies and courts.
The agency applying for our court date *should* have all of our paperwork by now, so I look forward to hearing that they have applied soon.
I know this fall brought quite a bit of silence on this blog, but God was not silent in our lives. Deciding to accept our second referral (and then third :) brought much anguish and heartache to us. If ever we thought we were making "educated" choices to put our family together on our own-we were quickly set right. I could not walk through this adoption journey without completely leaning on God's care and Sovereignty.
I remember when we had our first referral I was CHOMPING at the bit to have her and hold her and bring her home (anyone remember my last minute trip to Ethiopia?). I praise God that our trials have taught us perseverance and hope. We are walking through this journey now with peace and patient waiting on the Lord's timing.
And so we wait in Faith. As we prepare our children's rooms we will delight in watching God prepare our hearts. As we have seen God redeem our lives over and over I know He will redeem this wait and use if for His good. Pray with us!

No comments: