Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Some of you may remember I used to keep a list of ethiopian blogs I liked to follow. Sometime last spring/summer I grew weary of following all of the different cases. Although I was excited to see God moving in so many people's lives, it also could be overwhelming to see what's in store.
So don't ask me WHY I decided to check out the blog scene today. But really-Harvey is taking a long nap and I am all caught up on laundry.
Paperwork for BOTH children is now in the hands of HOPE, the agency filing for our court date. Apparently there are now only 2 judges to hear ALL the adoptions going on in Ethiopia. Some agencies are telling their families the wait is 10 WEEKS for a court date to be assigned. This used to be only days! The court date is then assigned 4-6 weeks out. And honestly, a good portion of those court cases do not pass the first time. I am frustrated by this, but wanting to live by faith that God will redeem this time and use it to His glory. I have already seen Him redeem so much.
At this point I HOPE we bring the kids home before court closes this summer. I don't mean to sound untrusting about the March/April timeline. I just can't let myself picture them here for Harvey's birthday...

1 comment:

Joy said...

Praying dear friend! Praying! Trying to trust His perfect timing!