Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watching history, living my own.

I am asked from time to time how I am feeling about the adoption. I cannot ever answer that truthfully. I am at any moment elated, scared, fiercely protective, in awe, ready, not ready, incredibly excited...At all moments I am trusting in the One who cares so much for us. He hand picks our families in the hopes of leading us to a place of knowing Him and Loving Him faithfully. I am grateful he has chosen Ben and me for such an honor of telling H, E, and Y of His Love. I believe with all that is in me (only when I minute by minute bend my knee to His truth) that we could not have orchestrated our life any other way. Sometimes my fiercely protective side comes out as I hear others question our path. But in God's grace He has revealed to me He is my great Defender. And by His grace others will see God's goodness and mercy to our family this year.
I have just let John Harvey stay awake to see Obama sworn in. I don't have to agree with his politics to respect him and the weight of this day. And today, I can't stop thinking about our new little ones. I do wish they were here to watch with us. What an honor I have to watch their history take shape...

1 comment:

Joy said...

After reading your post I was reminded of a line from President Obama's speech...
"Our patchwork heritage is a strength not a weakness."
I am excited about the heritage and the legacy that God is allowing you and Ben to give your little ones. God is fashioning a beautiful patchwork quilt out of your family. One day when we stand in Heaven we will be able to see the quilt as a whole but for now I am so thankful for the ways he shows you the pieces going together.